Friday, April 25, 2008

Can't this baby do my taxes yet?

So, I guess around 4-6 months of age you are supposed to start feeding babies solid foods like mashed up fruits and vegetables, rice cereal, and the like. Since Ethan is 5 months old, I figured I would try to start him. Of course I googled the subject and read all that could be learned (I know, it's horrible. I really do believe everything I read online). So anyways, a couple websites said that your baby is ready if he/she starts reaching for your food and utensils and acts interested in what you are doing. My barely five months as a parent has taught me one thing. Babies are interested in EVERYTHING you do. Whether it be the remote that has cool buttons to push, the phone that has interesting sounds and voices, or the keyboard that can be mashed so easily and loudly with tiny fists. So here is my question to those "experts" out there. If Ethan is so interested in grown up stuff, how come he can't do my taxes yet? By the way, Ethan is ready to eat. He wolfs down food like no other. Irregardless, I think I've proven my point.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Marissa said...

Katie loves the keyboard. She pretends to type on it while I'm reading the news. Most of the time she doesn't push them hard enough to do anything, but every once in a while, I'll be reading, and all of the sudden the page skips down to the bottom of the screen and I have to scroll back up. She thinks this is way funny. At first I thought it was an accident, then she started laughing.

Jay and Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jay and Amanda said...

I think most of us believe a lot of things on the internet. Also, my babies could do my taxes if I let them by 5 months, no problem. What's wrong with Ethan?