Uh, I SWEAR this isn't an advertisement!:) These are just some things I have discovered as of late in our shaky economy.
LOOKING BETTER
I really hate my skin in the winter. It looks dry and dull and bleh. So, instead of spending a TON of money on facial pick me ups, here is what I do:
I drink water ALL the time! It's free!!
I use lemon juice as an astringent (apply with cottonball and let dry for 15 minutes before rinsing) a couple times a week, and occasionaly over night. It burns a little for the first couple minutes (yeah...that is probably the acid...). But the results are brighter rejuevenated skin and smaller pores.
I use olive oil on cleansed skin at night as a moisturizer on my face, eyes, lips, and neck. Just slather it on for 10 or 15 minutes, and rinse with warm water. But don't use a cleanser again.
EATING BETTER
I am a fresh vegetable snob. Right now, they are so expensive! Also, I was going to the store so often because my fresh food was going bad. Don't get me wrong, I already buy peas, corn, green beans and brussel sprouts frozen. But I found zuccinni, yellow squash, diced red and green peppers, broccoli and cauliflour, and squash in the frozen aisle already cut! So I have been getting most of them frozen (everything but lettuce). Frozen vegetables are frozen (synonym for frozen anyone.....?) at the peak of their freshness and carry the same amount of nutrients (sometimes more) than the fresh stuff. For locals, you can get the best deals and varieties at Giant. Sometimes 10 for $10. Also, they have diced frozen onions which is a huge money AND time saver. I put onions and garlic in everything, and get so tired of chopping them.
Also, I love tomatoes. But even if you pay for the really expensive ones, they don't taste good. So I buy the whole canned tomatoes and cut them up. They seem to have more flavor than the already diced variety. Again, they are canned at the peak of freshness and have so much flavor! I use them in place of fresh ones, and they add a lot. Plus, you can get 2 for $1!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
good tips, thanks for sharing
I'm totally gonna try the lemon juice thing...I too need to not focus so much on fresh veggies, because they usually end up going to waste.
You are awesome! I love that you told us it wasn't an ad. That cracked me up.
Your ideas are great also.
And Ethan laughing, makes me laugh every time.
Post a Comment