Saturday, January 15, 2011

January classes and fun

I tend to like to get out of the house with the kids a LOT during the day. Pretty much the only time we are at the house is during naps and while I am making dinner. Since it has been frigid here, we have had to be creative with our outings. We are lucky to live in an area that offers so many great classes, library storytimes, and indoor playplaces. First, I wanted to post some pictures of Ethan and Nicholas in the same outfit to see if you think they resemble one another.

Ethan at 5 months
Nicholas at 4 1/2
What do you think? I don't think they look like eachother at all!!

We have been going to classes at the different nature centers (6 in the area) a couple times a week. They are only $5 a class, and we love them! This last one taught about indigenous birds in the area. This nature center had a lot of turtles and toads.


Ethan got to sit in a hollowed tree used for a canoe by American Indians

Practicing with binoculars to look for birds outside

The teacher was great. The class was about an hour long, but it is very interactive, and half the time they were outside. Here they are sprinkling birdseed around and looking for cardinals and blue-jays. She taught us the calls of 5 different birds so I can point them out to Ethan.

This is a snowman we made on family night.

Ethan at 5 months

Ethan at 3, wearing the same shirt. He found this and wanted to wear it. I cannot believe it still fit, and don't you love the smile??:)

I have been playing around with different holds in the wrap for Nicholas. He likes being on my hip while I wash dishes and make dinner.

This is a puppet show at the Nature Center about animals and clothing you wear in the winter.

We got to touch a real live hedge-hog named "Hedgie" at the end. It was amazing!:)

Guess who eats real food now? I feel so badly, he was starving, apparently, and has devoured anything I have given him! Poor little Nicko.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I can't believe how much they look alike. When they get older you will have to check the dates on the pictures to tell which is which. You are so blessed to have so many things to do with your kids around there. Can't wait to see you!!

Marissa said...

The only resemblance I see is that they are both cute!
See you soon!

Michelle said...

Clever blog title. I think that your boys look different except for the little sprout of hair that they both have coming from the middle of their heads down onto their foreheads. :) You are so good at finding out what is available in the area! I had no idea there were SIX nature centers around here! Did I read that right? You are such fun Mom . . . Ethan and Nick are lucky kiddos.