Sunday, November 18, 2012

Ethan's 5th Birthday

This was Ethan's very first friend party!  He invited Lucy, Mateen, Anderson and Isaac.  At lunch I had them all say one thing they liked about Ethan.
Lucy- "I like how Ethan plays with me."
Mateen: "I like how Ethan makes me laugh."
Anderson: "I like how Ethan plays superheros with me."
Isaac: "I like how Ethan plays Power Rangers with me."
For his cake, he wanted it all chocolate with white in the middle and green writing.  So I made a double layer devils food cake and put butter cream frosting in the middle.  He must have liked it, because the day after his birthday he woke up before everyone (as he does every morning) and finished it off.  But I expected him to do that, because he always finds a way to get to that cake and eat it by the time we wake up!:)
We love this little boy so much!

I wanted to add a couple funny things that Ethan said today.
After I finished his cake:

E: "That was just the smell I wanted!  How did you know?"

Me: "I like to think that I know you pretty well now."

E: "How do you just keep knowing everything about me??!"

We had just finished cleaning the church as a family, and he got a donut for helping.

Me: "Thanks so much for helping clean the church Eth, here is a donut."

E: "No thanks Mom.  I am going to save it for my appetite."

Me: "Oh, for your party cake this afternoon?"

E:  "Yes.  Mom, do you know how many appetites I have though?  10.  I guess I could just eat the donut."

The morning of his birthday

E: "Mom, when I woke you up this morning, you just smelled like garbage."

(We later had a talk about how we don't say things that like to people even if it is true.  I also had another talk with Matthew to see if I really smell like garbage, but he assured me I didn't:) )

Some things I love about Ethan:
He is kind and soft with Nicholas and tries to include him.
He shares his toys well with his friends and brother.
He makes friends easily.
He is a very very fast runner!
He is good at puzzles and likes books.
He likes painting and drawing.
He is very energetic, funny, and is fun to be around.
He can always make me smile.
He will always cuddle with me and let me hold him as much as I want.  
He is good at figuring things out.
He is a good friend and kind to others.
He dresses himself every morning before he leaves his room.
He makes his bed, puts away his clothes, and all his toys and books.  I rarely see his room messy.
He gets himself ready for preschool and bed by himself.




2 comments:

Lisa said...

He's a super SUPER kid!! We love you, Ethan!!!!

Marissa said...

Oh, how I love the things he says! They just make me laugh and laugh. He is such a cutie.