Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Discipline
Alright. So I realized I need to start some hard core disciplining with Ethan. I know, I know. He's only 8 months old. But I don't want one of those bad babies. You know the kind. Screaming, stealing toys, pulling hair.... So we figured if he is negatively impacting himself or someone else, it's go time. My first two tries were failures. A couple weeks ago while I was in Utah, I asked my mom what to do when he bit my arm. She told me to tap his mouth with my fingers and say "no". One bite and surprised scream later, I put the scolding into action. He grabbed onto my hand, smiled up at me, and playfully rolled on his back. Strike number one. The second time was today. He keeps trying to chew on the cords to the computer. So when he got close, I picked him up and as sternly as I could muster, said "no". He laughed and batted at my hair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Just like his father...
Alisha, it's so fun to see your cute family. Love the blog.
I actually had to flip Isaac on the cheek because he would bite while nursing--with teeth! It made me sad, but he stopped biting as much after a while. Now its hair pulling.
"You know the kind. Screaming, stealing toys, pulling hair.... "
Please don't talk about our children that way! :)
You didn't dye your hair?! I wish mine would do that! It is gorgeous! You look SO good! I love ethans little personality...I must agree with the evans family....Addie did all those things too! BUT good thing it doesn't last long!
"Be consistent." The best advice I think I heard. Just keep it up, it will work eventually.
That's what I've been told. With Katie in her "terrible twos" stage, I really hope that is true.
Not that she is really that bad...
Post a Comment