For the last week and a half Ethan and I were in Utah visiting my family. Matthew couldn't come because of stupid work. We rented a cabin in Provo Canyon (Heber) and it was so much fun. We played rock band, darts (don't laugh Jay and Michael....I had never played before), pool (Amanda and I unsuccessfully) and volleyball. The cabin was really neat, and it gave us a chance to spend more time together. There were many dead animals mounted on the walls. I kept forgetting to take pictures, or else I would have posted the cougar for sure. Dave, remember how it looked like it was hit by a car? It was really funny. Maybe you had to be there. This is Ethan playing with David's son, Tayvin. They had fun together.
I realized most of my nostalgia with home is related to food. Some things I always must have when I go to Utah are: Cafe Rio, berry pie, alligator jaws, corn on the cob and blts. My amazing parents always go to great lengths to see that I get all these things while I am there. Definitely the most self-less people I have ever known. This is my sister Marissa, and her daughter Katie eating an alligator jaw. Matthew didn't know what they were, so I had to take a picture.
This is my dad and I at the Covey Center for the Arts. We went on a date to a musical for which he had tickets. I had forgotten how popular my father is in the musical world. Everyone kept coming up to him and talking to us. The producer of the play even came into the audience to tell him he was glad he came, and hope he liked it. Ridiculous. The musical wasn't that great, but I love spending time with my dad. On the way home, a mountain by our house was on fire, and we pulled over to take some pictures, but they didn't turn out. It looked like the mountain was lava. I had never seen a mountain fire so close before. But it really took me back to smell smoke in the valley. You know how scent brings back memories. Those crazy mountains are always on fire.Some other highlights from the trip were the rain at the cabin the night before we left, playing rockband, swimming in my parents pool, my mom helping me be a better mom, Jay's pie, watching Mama Mia! with my sisters and laughing at Pierce Brosnan singing, and just spending time with my siblings and parents. I love you all so much, and look forward to our reunion every year.
P.S.
I didn't dye my hair. It is suddenly brown for some crazy reason. Also, it is sort of wavy too. It must be Virginia


4 comments:
I love your bangs and the new color. You look hot!! :) I need one of those Alligator Jaws I've never had one but they look yummy!!
Alisha! You look beautiful and radiant! I can't believe how brown your hair is, but I think the look fits you great...I'm glad you were able to get away and have some fun with your family.
We had so much fun with you. I'm glad you will be able to come in October. Too bad Matthew can't come. We love and miss you already.
I just have to say that I love your hair in this picture!
Post a Comment