Sunday, August 17, 2008

He's all mine, girls

This is one of my favorite pictures of Matthew, right after he finished his first triathlon. This post is sort of all about him. But just so you know, he will probably be mad/annoyed that I am writing this. He is extremely modest and not self interested. So Matthew, I sorry. Don't be mad!:) The thing that sparked this was one of my friends blog that I was reading. They were visiting an impoverished country and saw what it is like to live in squallor. At the end of the post, they asked if anyone knew what they could do to help these people. The first thing that came to my mind was, "Yeah, I know. That is what my husband has dedicated his life to." And it is true. We took such a huge risk moving here without jobs, and resigning from a lucrative position in the financial world. All based on Matthew's desire to help people in Africa. This happens to all of us at one time or another. For me, reading Left to Tell, A Thousand Splendid Suns, and The Kite Runner did it for me. You get this pull in your heart to actually do something, instead of just talking about it. But then the feeling is fleeting, and life goes on. That is why I am so proud of Matthew for actually doing it. He is the most selfless person I have ever known. I am so excited for him to go to Tanzania in October and see the progress his company has made, although I will miss him terribly. I think I really lucked out on this one guys. I don't deserve him. I love you Matthew, you're hot!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Heather M said...

Mushy Gushy, come on get a room already!!! HaHa JK--He is awesome,& he better take care of you or I'd have to open a can.... :)

Littleshortstacks said...

I wish every wife loved their husband as much as it's obvious you love yours. Wouldn't the world be a happier place!?!

Marissa said...

You really are blessed to have such a great husband. Of course, I think he is pretty blessed to have you. I'm sure your love and support mean a lot to him.