Monday, February 16, 2009

Salt!!

I have 3 lbs of Kosher salt in my pantry. 3 lbs!!! When my mom came to see me and take care of me while Ethan was a newborn, she wanted to make this recipe for us, and we needed the salt. I have used it very little since then, but always think of her when I see it up in our cupboard. Anyways, I was looking for a new recipe, and saw there was one on the back of the box that looked good. I tried it, and it was okay. Then I saw on the back of the box that there were more recipes at www.mortonsalt.com 2 reasons this is weird:

1-Usually when there is a website for a recipe, it is for something that is the main ingredient, like cream of mushroom soup or something. Is salt the main ingredient for anything? And if it is, why would you make it?

2-How could you limit/choose the recipes? "Let's see, we need to put something on here with salt in it..."

Am I the only one who thinks this is a little funny? I mean, it is like water having a recipe website. Kudos to them for trying to market their product. By the way, the recipe I used only had 1 teaspoon of salt:)

3 comments:

Marissa said...

Oh, Alisha! This made me laugh and laugh. You crack me up!

Andrea Hatch said...

LOL!!!! That's hilarious. I think we should start a recipe blog...I think there's a few good recipes that include flour so maybe that should be our focus.

Anonymous said...

Hey I have the same box in my cupboard. I found that it's really good on fresh green beans, or homemade soft pretzels. If you're in a hurry buy the french bread dough in the section where you buy pop up biscuits and make them with that.