Friday, February 5, 2010

We're selling our condo!!

We have decided that we need more space, and it seemed like a good time to put our house on the market. The great thing about living in this area, is that people are always looking to rent or purchase here, because there will always be jobs with the government.
Kitchen
Bedroom

We completely renovated the bathroom when Ethan was 4 months old. Well, we paid someone to do it. There were baby blue 1 inch tiles on the floor, and 4 inch blue tile halfway up the wall and in the shower. We replaced it with 12x12 tile (less grout to clean) on both floor and bathroom walls. We kept tile off the walls, and re-painted them.

We also put in hardwood floors and took out the carpet. The carpet actually didn't look too bad, except for the part where I accidently put a bucket that had bleach or something on the bottom of it on the carpet. We lovingly called in the "fairy ring".
I guess all the renovations helped, because we received an offer from the first person to come see the house! It didn't go through, but we have had 1 more person come, and 3 more today.....just in one week!
We have realized that it is really hard to keep the house clean to show, and that we HATE hardwood floors! Ugh. They always feel grimy, are really hard to keep clean, and uncomfortable to sit on and play with a little boy. But hardwood is really popular here, and people seem to like it. I am DYING for some cushy, comfy carpet to sink me feet into!!




3 comments:

Marissa said...

Wow! It looks so nice. I'm sure it always does, but it must be hard to keep it clean "just in case" someone wants to see it.
I really like my hardwood floors, but Ryan's not a huge fan. I definitely agree about sitting on the floor. It's not very comfortable. We end up always sitting on our rugs. :)
That's awesome that you are getting interested people!

Anonymous said...

glad things are going good so far. Good Luck!

Amanda said...

Yay! I'm glad you are having such good luck with your house. Hopefully you will sell it fast so that you don't have to keep it spotless constantly. And then you can move next to me! lol (but kind of a sad lol because I know it won't happen)