Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cool old train!!

While commuting to work, Matthew found this really cool train, just off the track. We took a ride to see it this weekend.
I love the picture of them in their bike helmets:) Ethan rides in the bike carrier pulled by Matthew, but we are excited for him to learn how to ride a bike with us!!
Straight ahead to the left is Georgtown. I can't believe Rosslyn ever looked like this!!

Cute train, huh? Ethan loved it.


With Dad
With Mom. We also rode our bikes to Shirlington this weekend, which we loved!! Adorable shops and quaint restaurants all over. We absolutely love it here, and especially this bike trail. We can't wait to explore every last bit of it!:)
This is unrelated to trains, but wanted to post it. Ethan loves the book, "Where the Wild Things are" by Maurice Sendak. I loved it as a child too, and he wants me to read it to him at LEAST once a day! Matthew was attacking Ethan, and Ethan stopped for a minute- thinking. He looked Matthew right in the eyes, and said "BE STILL!!". So funny, because it is a direct line from the book. Actual quote "...until Max said be still! And tamed them with the magic trick of staring into all their yellow eyes without blinking once". Sad....I didn't even have to look that up:)

2 comments:

Marissa said...

I've read "Where the Wild Things Are" to Katie. I was really surprised by how much I apparently had memorized.

The Hodsons said...

Love that book as well!!!! Have you seen the movie? I'm wondering if it would ruin how much I love the book? Cute train pictures!