Friday, May 14, 2010

Turtle class and a ton of movies

Okay, this is embarassing- I am sort of obsessed with this nature center!! They offer this class for 18 mo to 3yr olds that is amazing!! It is once a month, and only $5 per class!! These are in reverse order....on accident.
The class ENDED with a nature walk. The teacher explained what some of the different plants were, identified birds and their calls, and got to touch caterpillers, etc. There is also an owl that is in an outdoor sanctuary, but we will see that next time.
The class in an hour long, and has a different theme each time. The first 40 minutes were indoors, and the theme was.....TURTLES!! Each child got to hold a stuffed turtle and touch real shells, learn about all the different kinds of turtles, and even touch a real live one!!:)

This is a red-eared slider turtle. I know, because I used to have one:)


It is in this indoor pond in the nature center. You don't have to sign up for the class to actually come into the center. They have different animals and aquariums for the kids to see.

This one had toads in it.


Matthew and Ethan's secret handshake. High five, rock, and finger twist (think Sign Language "R"....Ethan just started doing it one day)


I guess he isn't scared of bees anymore.

This is how he talks to our baby. I apologize if you are offended by my stomach.

Abc's he can do it better, but this is all I could get. He is always trying to poke my eyes....

2 comments:

Marissa said...

I don't blame you for being obsessed with your nature place. It sounds awesome!

I started giggling when Ethan was poking his finger into your belly button. And laughed out loud when he poked you in the eyes and the camera jerks and everything.

Amanda said...

Ethan reminds me of you so much, especially the poking you in the eyes part. he he