Monday, December 20, 2010

National tree and Santa

Sometimes Ethan likes to cuddle with Nicholas in his crib. But Ethan almost always starts jumping around and climbing on him, so it ends pretty quickly!:)
Ethan made this for Matthew and I at preschool. It was supposed to be a Christmas present, but I was in the other room, and he had opened it already. I almost cried when I saw it! Don't you love the picture they took of him???? Totally fake smile:)

His little handprints on the back. Now I understand how much little pictures and things your children have made can mean so much!
This boy is killing us! He is so adorable and smiley, and just pleasant all the time! I can't get over his talkative and responsiveness nature. He is constantly cooing and laughing and trying to verbalize. He is such a sweet boy.
My friend Kristina let us borrow this little chair for him. He likes sitting in it because he can see what is going on. He is starting to hold toys now, and he loves this turtle.

On Friday night, we decided to be spontanteous and surprise Matthew at work. We didn't end up being able to really surprise him though, because I couldn't find parking and had to call him and tell him not to leave before we got there:) Oh, and Nicholas needed to be fed and was crying.....it is hard to be spontaneous with children sometimes:) We decided to go to the National Tree, since we were already downtown. There were about 10 different train tracks on display, which was very fun for a little boy who is obsessed with trains.

There are trees from every state on the perimeter, and a nativity scene and yule log to stay warm.
Ethan and Matthew in front of the National tree

There was also a Santa's workshop for the kids

We had to wait in line for a bit to see him, but it was mostly inside, and they had it decorated so cute.
Ethan was a little terrified of Santa, so we all went up.
Merry Christmas!!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh how I love you all! I wish we were there to celebrate the holiday with you!!! Merry Merry Christmas my dear ones!

Emily Hamilton said...

I love the family photo with Santa...so cute! Merry Christmas!

Liz Rowley said...

Alisha,
I can't believe how big the baby is already! Luke used to climb into Landon's crib too! We bought one of those okay to wake clocks after I saw yours on the blog! They are amazing!

Liz Rowley said...

Alisha,
I can't believe how big the baby is already! Luke used to climb into Landon's crib too! We bought one of those okay to wake clocks after I saw yours on the blog! They are amazing!

Heather said...

He has grown so much!! Both of your boys. Are you still on facebook? I need your new address to mail your Christmas card :) I love ya my sis. And that is a good looking Santa by the way...I don't like it when they look fake or scary. Merry Christmas!!!