Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Castle, iceskating in the sculpture garden, and carousel on the National Mall

Every Saturday we have been trying to go to a new museum downtown. We have never been to the Castle before. It was beautiful!

I thought the light coming in through the windows was so beautiful.
Ah! No thanks, bird-eating spider.

Intricate details of the ceiling

Love the sunlight again through the top window
It was 60 degrees today, and we wanted to try out the carousel while we walked around the National Mall.

This is a picture of the castle

We were walking to the sculpture garden to look at the big pond in the middle to see if the ducks were out because it was so warm. AND- the pond was frozen and covered in ice-skaters! Matthew was sweet enough to hold Nicholas so Ethan and I could skate.

He did pretty well, but he was just dead weight and very hard to manuver:) He was laughing so hard most of the time and kept saying "slipty, slipty!".


Matthew helped me hold his hand from the outside to finish our 1 lap around the rink. Then I got to skate by myself for a while and remembered how much I love iceskating. Matthew was so sweet to watch the boys so I could do that.





2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the castle as well. Your pictures are beautiful. It looks like you are great at ice-skating! I would have been about as good as your son out there, so I'm impressed. Maybe it's all that pilates - your core is crazy strong!

Marissa said...

I'm going ice skating tomorrow! I haven't been for so long, and I'm a little nervous about how I will do, being 8 months pregnant and all. But the youth are going for an activity, so I'll try it out.
Hopefully I don't make a huge fool of myself!
I love the pictures of the castle, by the way. It looks beautiful.