Sunday, December 18, 2011

Botanical Gardens and DC Temple Visitors Center

We went to the temple tonight to look at the lights and go to the visitor’s center. Matthew and Nicholas went inside and Ethan and walked over to the temple. I told him he could walk up and touch the temple. We went by the front doors and he touched the marble walls.

Me: “What does it feel like?”

Ethan: “It feels like the Holy Ghost.”

Me: “Did you know that Jesus Christ is in the temple sometimes, and the Holy Ghost can always be felt there?”

Ethan: “Cool! (while looking inside the front doors) I just can’t see Jesus in there though.”

While looking at the statue of Christ in the Visitor’s Center:

Ethan: “Why isn’t that Jesus moving and talking?”

Me: “Because he is a statue.”

Ethan: “Will he just crack out of there?”

Me: (suppressing a laugh) “No, Jesus is in heaven right now with Heavenly Father.”

Ethan: “Oh, like in Outer Space?”

Me: “Kind of…”


On the canopy at the National Botanical Gardens. I love this picture.

Walking to the top.
The train displays are always a hit.
You can walk to the top of the gardens and see the Jungle Room from above. It is really beautiful, warm, and free!!:)

1 comment:

Marissa said...

How beautiful. I bet it is so nice to visit, especially in winter!!