It was a rainy, cold day, and so we decided to spend it in a warm museum downtown. Ethan got a camera for Christmas and had a lot of fun taking pictures of animals in the Natural History Museum.
Whenever we are in a big crowd, I have basic instructions for Ethan: Find a women that has a child or children and tell her you are lost. Tell her my name and description and stay with her until you find me. I make him repeat these instructions to me when we go to a big park, museum, etc. It was very successful one time at this massive park. He wandered off, and I found him about 3 minutes later with a woman and child calling out my name:) This time I told him to ask a mother to take him to the big elephant in the center of the museum if we got separated. He really liked the idea of having to do this and kept trying to sneak away! But he didn't:)
Ethan has been really into bones lately, and of course dinosaurs. The museum keeps getting more and more entertaining for him, it is great! We always have to get a picture in the shark jaws:)

2 comments:
That is such a good idea, why haven't I ever thought of that?
I'm not sure what good idea Amanda is talking about, but I like the idea of going somewhere warm and dry when I'm bored with being outside. Also, the "find a woman with a child" idea is fabulous! I've heard it before, but I never think to tell my girls that.
I think it's hilarious that Ethan tried to sneak away so he could get found by the elephant. Ha!
Post a Comment