Saturday, January 24, 2009

Inauguration of President Obama

For Inauguration, I went with my friend Andrea and her husband. Matthew had to work, and he actually watched Ethan for me too. He had to be in the office to let people in, but was one of the only people there, so E was free to roam. He didn't have any excuse to not go in, because his office is across the street. The streets were all closed, and so we got to walk in them. I don't know why, but it made me REALLY happy. I couldn't stop smiling:)
On the way out, the shut this fence and we were stuck for about 30 minutes. It seemed a lot longer, and people started hopping the fence.

Lot's of people













A lot of people have asked me if I thought it was worth it. DEFINITELY!! I am so glad I was able to participate in such a historic event, with the help of my loving husband. I would walk for an hour, stand in the FREEZING cold for 7 hours, and brave the crowds. It was so much fun:)



5 comments:

stephanie said...

That is just so cool!

Andrea Hatch said...

I'm so glad we got to go together! I emailed you more pics from the day. It was so worth it to freeze our butts off!

jess said...

I'm so jealous! It's amazing that you could be there!

Rachelle said...

So neat to be a part of such a historical event. I can't believe the crowds.

Marissa said...

How cool! It looks so memorable and exciting. I'm glad you got to go, and that you posted pics so we could live vicariously through you.