Friday, July 10, 2009

Oops, let me clarify

I just re-read my last post, and I sounded really vain. That really wasn't what it was about, or the point I was trying to make.

CONSIDER:

-Seriously, I was looking really bad that day

-The two men were borderline homeless looking, and one of them even had an eye-patch. So I don't think their standards were super high

-I am 90% sure they were yelling at every passing girl

-Lately at the park, or wherever we go, people make the assumption that I am a Nanny, and are always surprised when they find out I am Ethan's mother. It is pretty uncommon here to stay home with your child

HERE IS MY POINT:

-Honestly, who tries to hit on a girl with a stroller, unless he thinks she is a Nanny? No one!

-Also, I made it sound like I get hit on all the time, but that is hardly the case

Just one example of many that make me want to wear a sign that says "I'M A MOM!!"

5 comments:

stephanie said...

I didn't think you sounded vain. No need to clarify

Littleshortstacks said...

Anyone who knows you, knows you aren't vain. Your last two posts have been hilarious...and something I have experienced to one degree or another. Keep 'em coming!

We miss you guys!

Heather said...

UH OH, Your getting some "Maryland In You" That is what Todd calls it when I start chicken necking and standing up for myself, rebuking things that are uncalled for, or unfair. YOU GO GIRL!!!
I bet they turned around with their tales between their legs, thats usually what happens, and hopefully they will learn not to treat others the same.
I do try to "Keep the Maryland in" for Todd's sake, and only speak up when prompted to do so :)

Andrea Hatch said...

You are so hilarious! You're one of the most humble people I know. And you are right to be annoyed! Those men are so rude!

Rachelle said...

I bet a t-shirt would work "I'm his mom" on the front and "Not a Nanny" on the back!
great stories.