Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ugh, I am NOT a Nanny!!

SOOO sorry for all the short dialogues, but they are easier to read than paragraphs. This happened on our way home from Roosevelt Island, you will see pictures below.

Walking home

2 disgusting men: "Hey Cupcake!" (whistling)

Me: "Excuse me?"

DM: "Yeah. How are you, beautiful?"

Me: (I'm not sure why I responded, because this isn't the first time this has happened. I usually ignore people and keep walking, because I get mistaken for a Nanny all the time....and that seems ALMOST acceptable to be cat-called in that situation. Also, there were a lot of people around, so I knew they couldn't do anything.)

"Do you know that I am a mother to this child, and I am happily married? What can I do for you?"

DM: "Uh.....how are you?"

Me: "Good, thank you. See ya."

I should have said this earlier, but I look really gross today. I have my "play" clothes on, my hair is pulled back, and we were filthy from throwing rocks in the river. I think the men were just being disgusting.

Drinking fountain at the entrance of Roosevelt Island. I like this picture:)
I let him sit on this drinking fountain to wash his hands and drink. It is so much easier than holding him up.

Throwing rocks in the river


He kept his hat on all day....I was so proud



Georgetown from Roosevelt Bridge




Walking over the bridge onto the Island





Rosslyn from one of the "trails"






1 comment:

Marissa said...

That still seems strange that it is almost acceptable to say stuff like that to a nanny. I guess because she is single? I'm proud of you for sticking up for yourself.
Anyways, the pictures are gorgeous. I love the view from Roosevelt Bridge. And Ethan is as cute as always.