Monday, November 30, 2009

Part 2, his actual birthday

We decided to have a party for Ethan at Matthew's work this year. We are there so much, that it would feel weird not to celebrate with them! Some of Ethan's little friends came earlier to our home today and dropped off cards, presents, balloons, and sang "Happy Birthday". He loves his friends, and so do we! I think we will have a children's birthday party when he is a little older. He looks so big!!
I was sort of embarrassed of this cake, but now I don't really care. I made a train cake for Ethan, and it rocks!! It tasted good too:)

Our little family


I don't know why, but I really like this one. Maybe because it is more candid. I can totally tell what Matthew is thinking by his facial expression, and I love that:)



Ethan learning how to blow out the candles




SOOO good!





The whole group. I have gotten to know many of these people well. I am glad Matthew is surrounded by such great friends; thanks for coming everyone!!


Tonight, I was drawing a bath for E, and he snuck in with his clothes on!! I really deserve this though. When I was little, I would sometimes get back into the bathtub after my Mom had already gotten me in my pajamas and ready for bed. When I saw E, I was laughing so hard, and had to take a picture.



I can't get enough of the bowl on the head. So funny:)

3 comments:

Marissa said...

I think the cake looks fabulous! I haven't advanced to "writing" on the cake yet. Sprinkles are about as complicated as I get.
It's so fantastic that you have a wonderful group of friends.
I totally laughed when I saw Ethan in the bath with clothes on. My mind flashed immediately to the picture of you in the bath with clothes on. Ha ha!
What a cutie! I'm glad he had a good birthday.

The Hodsons said...

What an adorable kiddo! So, what is Ethan thinking in that picture?

Andrea Hatch said...

Um, that 1st photo is so perfect cuz your two boys have the EXACT same smile on. So cute, and your train cake was awesome!!!!