Matthew was in Dar es Salaam (or just "Dar" if you are an awesome world traveller like he is) for a week. He was supposed to be home Sunday night, but surprised me and came home Saturday afternoon (our Anniversary) and picked us up at the airport!:)

This centipede was 6 inches long....no thanks.

Tanzania is on the eastern coast of Africa, and right on the Indian Ocean. The ocean was totally wasted on him though, and he didn't even get in it!! I would be LIVING in the ocean if I were there.....if I weren't working 12 hour days like he was:) It looks hazy because of the humidity. Everytime Matthew walked outside, his glasses fogged up!

Wow.

When we were skyping, Matthew kept telling me there were salamanders everywhere. I made him take a picture of one so I could see it. It is actually a lizard...but I think I have teased him enough about reptile and amphibian classification.

Seriously?!! So beautiful.
We are so happy to have Matthew back. It is a great excuse to see family when he visits, and even though the trips are only a week at a time.....things just don't feel right without him. Ethan has been really clinging to Matthew since he has been back. We missed him so much!!
2 comments:
It looks beautiful there!
I'm glad your family is all back together. We love seeing you, but I can't even imagine how hard it must be for you!
While I was reading this Luca came and sat on my lap. He pointed at the centipede and started hissing. He thought it was a snake. Man that thing is big!
Post a Comment