Every year, I cannot wait for the Cherry Blossoms!! Today was the only day that we could go, (without Matthew, because he was at work) and we just walked over. It only took 35 minutes from our house! I just cut through Iwo Jima, Arlington Cemetary, and cross the Memorial Bridge. Only 2.5 miles! I will miss that walk:(
In the elevator on our way out:
We get on the elevator, and a woman is already waiting inside. The first thing I notice is a bag she is carrying advertising bebe perfume. There was a naked woman seductively posed, lying on a bed. She was covered, but barely. I was trying to situate Ethan in the stroller so that he wasn't staring right at the bag, when I noticed her eyeing Ethan and I-clucking her tongue.
Woman: I don't think you should let him have that fork (he was eating straberries in a bowl with a fork).
Me: He has been eating with a fork for a year and half. I think he will be fine.
Woman: I don't think so. He could get really hurt, and choke on it, or it could scratch him! (She was not saying this in a really concerned manner. She was being completly critical and rude to me.)
Me: He'll be okay.
Woman: I can't believe you would let your child eat with a fork in his stroller!!
Me: Honestly, I am more concerned with my son looking at your pornographic bag than I am about him eating strawberries with a fork.
She stood there with her mouth open as we exited the elevator. Thinking back on it, I probably should have used a different word, like crude, or offensive. I just get tired of people judging my parenting skills. I think we are doing okay- I've managed to keep Ethan alive, fed, and happy for 2 1/2 years. I think that is a success so far:)
Also, we are PREGNANT!! The due-date is September 8th. I am 18 weeks, and feel great! We will find out the sex of the baby on April 21st. Ethan and the new baby will be 3 years apart, and we are so excited!

11 comments:
I love that first picture of you and Ethan!
I can't believe that lady was being so critical. I loved your response to her, by the way. :)
It is snowing here. :( I'm glad you have cherry blossoms where you are.
First, congrats on your pregnancy! You look AMAZING!
I'll let you know how the three year thing works... :-)
Cute pictures!
Don't even think twice about the lady in the elevator. She's probably just bitter because she doesn't have kids herself...and you responded beautifully.
Congrats! That is so exciting. It will be nice to have more space in the new place with a new baby.
First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I'm so excited for you and your family :)
I seriously almost choked on my M&M reading your story. That is hilarious...she really should be minding her own business. And I think you're a wonderful Mom!!
Also Ethan's hair is looking so cute!!
I love that you can say things like that. I don't even think of a good reply until hours later after having the conversation over and over in my head:)
congrats on the baby-three years has been perfect for us. Have fun in your new place. The cherry blossoms look beautiful. my husband will get to see them this week (in dc on business) but we'll be in UT.
Omigosh, you meet the craziest people in public! I LOVE that you commented on her bag, that is awesome. Congrats again on your pregnancy, you seriously look so incredible and I can't wait to hear what you're having!
CONGRATS! I am excited for you guys. Can't wait to find out what you are having.
And glad you spoke up to the lady. People are so rude sometimes! Your a great parent.
You are so fabulous. :) Honestly, I don't know how you run into all these incredibly tactless people in public. Your response was so perfect!
Also, yay yay yay on the baby. We will have to keep in touch when you guys move.
I wish I had the nerve to say things like that to people sometimes!
Congrats on the new baby! I have to admit I was suspicious when I heard you were moving into a bigger place. :) Good luck with everything.
I am dying of laughter at your response. What a stupid lady!
Congratulations on #2. just don't let this one eat with a fork. tee hee
Post a Comment