Friday, April 30, 2010

New house pictures

Okay, I just added this. We got this when we moved in, and then put the baskets in. It is the only picture from Ethan's room that I posted, but I really like it. It holds so many toys, and the baskets hold his cars, train tracks, etc. I put this together all by myself. Well, Ethan put in some wooden dowels and hit some nails too. We have a big basket that holds the rest of his toys, and when we clean up, (which is twice a day- once before nap, once before bedtime) he knows where they all go. I like being able to know exactly where things are in the house.
Ethan on our new couch. This is a bunny that I had from my childhood. I had it packed away, and still can't quite bear to part with it. But Ethan sleeps with it every night now:) He calls it Blue Bunny.
Kitchen


Living room with new furniture



Our first kitchen table in 3 years!! We love having dinner together around the table every night. That is how it should be.




In kitchen, looking into dining room and patio window


The 3 bedrooms are up the stairs, and to the right and left. I didn't post pictures, because they aren't exactly finished yet. The Master has a huge closet and bathroom, and Ethan's room looks so empty with just his toys and pack n' play. Soon there will be a crib, dresser, and bed in there. I'll post it after that. The third bedroom only has a futon, bikes, and ironing table in it right now. It will be used for our guest room!

Ethan has always loved to be outside. When Matthew left on his bike for work this morning, he wanted me to let him sit out on the porch with the patio door shut. He sat out there for about 20 minutes playing cars, and talking to people.

This is in our backyard!

So much grass for Ethan to play in

A great playground that has tennis courts, 2 basketball courts, big and little kid swings, smash ball court, and a lot of paved trails and picnic benches.




Always Ethan's favorite.


We love our new neighborhood! Matthew has been commuting to work on his bike. It is only 16 miles roundtrip, and he can do it in half an hour! There is a trail close to our house that takes him directly to Rosslyn, and he only ever crosses 3 roads! It is called the Washington and Old Dominion trail. It used to be a railroad line, but it is no longer in use. So they paved over it and made it into this great bike/walking trail. I will post pictures of the trail from our bikes soon.


We have really been enjoying it here. Things just feel more relaxed, and easier. We are still within walking distance of grocery stores, restaurants, and pretty much everything you could ever want. But we are also far enough away from the major streets that it is quiet, and green. We chose not to install cable, and we haven't missed it at all! We have been spending less time in front of the computer, and tv, and more time outside and playing together.


Also, I guess Ethan is pretty much potty-trained- so that is good. My mom was right. Candy is the answer.

6 comments:

Andrea Hatch said...

Ahh!! Congrats on the new home, it looks so spacious and what an amazing backyard!!!

stephanie said...

that Ethan sure is a cutie! congrats on a new house and baby boy #2

Jessica F. said...

It looks great! I can't wait to come see it. All that space is dreamy.

Marissa said...

I also love to "have every item have a place". It makes clean up easier. Of course, most of the time it all gets shoved in a drawer, but Katie will help me organize it every so often.

I totally recognize that bunny! So cute that Ethan likes it.

Oh! I really like your house. I can imagine you almost got lost in that much space, but you probably adapted pretty quick!

Awesome park and play area!

That's so great that Matthew can ride his bike to work. Ryan could too, but he doesn't like being outside, or exercising, or taking that much time to get to work, or... ;)

Hurray for successful potty training!

Amanda said...

Candy works for everything!

I am so excited for you guys and your new house, and your new baby...

It has only been 7 months since we've all been able to sit down as a family and eat, isn't it great!!

Love you guys!

ryan + carly said...

wow i love the new place and all that room!!! i bet you're loving it. i can't believe you are already gone. i will be missing you :)