Wednesday, April 21, 2010

We moved in!

The move went so well. We had 12 people help us- and it only took a couple hours to pack and unload! Thank you to everyone who helped, and for the wives who sacrificed their husbands on a Saturday morning. Ethan was at Jakson's house most of the day, and he cried when we picked him up:) Thanks Kathryn!!
Moving from 514 sq ft. to 1200 required more furniture. We purchased a couch, loveseat, chair, and ottoman. I will post more pictures after our house is more organized.
There is this awesome park in our backyard, and we even have an ice-cream man! The three bed, 2 bath have been great. Having more space is amazing! Ethan has his own little room, and he loves it:) Matthew's commute went from across the street, to half an hour.....not bad. He takes the bus, so we didn't have to get a second car. We love our new place so much!!
I really loved this ottoman, because I knew Ethan would get a lot of use out of it. Each of the pieces opens up, and there is a little cube he can sit on, or play inside.
The top that flips off turns into a tray, so he can have his friends over and use it as a little table!:)

For and early birthday, and our last night in Rosslyn, we went to my favorite Belgian restaurant. It is on Cady's Alley in Georgetown, down the stairs on M street. Matthew served a year of a proselyting mission for our church in Brussels, so we really wanted to try it. It is called Leopolds. The soup and the salad are amazing! I know what you are thinking. But if you are a soup and salad snob like I am- you will die!! Cream of asparagus, potato-cauliflour, and pumpkin-leek soup are amazing. The atmosphere is so fun too.
We picked Matthew up after work before walking to dinner. The azaleas were so beautiful!

3 comments:

Andrea Hatch said...

Ohhhh congrats!!!! I'm dying to see your new place! And your new furniture! How exciting!!

Jessica F. said...

How exciting! Sorry we missed the moving part. Sterling had a bunch of stuff to do for his calling.
I can't wait to see pictures!

Marissa said...

That ottoman looks awesome! I know my girls would love it also.

So I just discovered Zupas. It is a salad, sandwich and soup place. The tomato basil soup with orzo pasta in it...yummy! I'm not usually a soup/salad type of person, but I think I've eaten at Zupas 4-5 times in the last month. Which is a lot!

I'm glad you had a good birthday and that the move went well.