Reason 1 for not posting lately:
Ethan is broken
Reason 2:
Any spare time I have had , I have been sleeping (when he has been sleeping too).
I feel like we are in the newborn stage again, but 2 months too early!! The day Ethan learned how to climb out of his crib was the worst day of our lives. Normally, he slept from 6:30pm to 6:30am, with absolutely no night waking from the time he was 5 months old, thanks to the book by Dr. Weissbluth, "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child". This book was recommended to us by my brother, Michael, and his wife, Kristine, when Ethan wouldn't sleep as a newborn. It SAVED OUR LIVES!! We have realized that we needed a new sleep lifesaver. I talked to my friend, Tisha, and she told me about the clock for toddlers called Ok to Wake. I thought this would be our new book, solver of all sleep problems. But it didn't work last night!!:( You can set the clock so that it turns green when it is okay for your child to get out of bed. But that isn't stopping Ethan from getting out of bed 5 or 6 times a night. Any help, ideas, or suggestions are welcome, please!!!:)
Ethan and I have been taking a swim class in the mornings in an indoor (so nice, because it isn't hot, and we don't have to worry about sunscreen!!) pool. He really really likes it, and isn't scared of the water at all. He is doing well swimming.
We have been taking indoor trips to museums, having friends over, and going to friends houses. Not too bad, but we are both VERY outside people, so we will be looking forward to more cooler days:)
Although this has been a hard week or two, we are having a hard time staying mad at Ethan. We just love him so much, and he is at such a cute stage right now. He is so loving, kind, and mostly obedient. His little voice is so sweet. Here are some of my favorite things he is saying right now:
I'll be right back
Just wait a minute
I love all....
My favorite color is....
I'm so hungry, thirsty, tired, etc.
He is also being more interactive with baby Nicholas. He plays with him (talks to my stomach), tickles him, makes sure he gets enough to eat (feeds my bellybutton), and keeps him warm with blankets. I am so anxious for them to meet!!!:)

3 comments:
I hope the clock starts working for you soon. As far as getting up in the night, it might just take him a week or so to get used to it and then things could just get better on their own. Also, Emerson locked himself in his room that same way this past winter. These little guys are so fun, but certainly stretch our brains at times.
I'm sorry E is broken. It is so hard when they come in your room in the middle of the night, and you have no way to keep them in their own bed.
I love that he feeds Nicholas. That's hilarious!
Our locks can't be picked, either. Fortunately the old credit card works pretty well for the bedrooms. It's the bathroom that involves taking the doorknob apart. It's scary to have a toddler locked in somewhere!
Post a Comment