P.S.- All you need is eggs, oil, and water....cream cheese is included.
Uh, NOT swimming class. But SOO good! We went to the Farmers Market last Saturday and picked up tomatoes, zucchini, and yellow squash for ratatouille. You just saute onions and garlic until they start to caramelize, and then add the zucchini and yellow onions and cook for about 20 minutes. Add the tomatoes at the very end. This time, per my dad's suggestion, I added oregano and basil, but usually only add salt and pepper to taste. I added mozzarella at the very end for a bit more flavor(yes, I do eat melted cheese now, occasionaly). If I want it to be a little heartier, I will add tomato paste and sauce and serve it over basmati (jasmine) rice.
Tomorrow is our last day of swimming. Ethan did so well, and will really miss it. This was the first day he wore a life jacket, and didn't even need my help to get all around the pool. Before that, he held onto a barbell or noodle underneath his armpits to help his legs float to the top instead of bicycling in the water.

He is surprisingly comfortable in the water, and so I have to be really careful....he has no fear. Funny, because last night he had a nightmare about a donkey, but he likes the water:) He will always try to swim away from me and go under the water. But he hasn't quite mastered blowing bubble under the water, and so he swallows a lot, which can be really dangerous at his age.
By the end of class he was swimming back and forth the length of the pool and blowing bubbles in the water as he went. I am glad Ethan was almost the oldest in his class. A year or 6 months at this age makes a big difference. I don't know if he would have been ready for a class or done as well if I had brought him at 18 months or even 2 years. Always better to be the oldest, rather than youngest in your class....in my opinion.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Swimming class
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Mmmm. Your brownies and rattouille pictures make me hungry. They look yummy.
I love that Ethan loves the water! He must take after his mom, the mermaid.
You and Ethan look so cute swimming together. Makes me excited to help teach our little boy in a couple of years!
Checkout kraftrecipes.com they have a killer "philly brownie cheesecake" very fattening but delicious nonetheless;)
I used to hate when ratatouille! It looks so good now, I think I am going to try it again. E looks so cute swimming with you too!
Post a Comment