Sunday, September 19, 2010

Nicholas' baby blessing and my parents visit

I was so spoiled with this visit from my parents. I got my mom's help for 2 and a half weeks, and my dad for another 5 days! They were essential this month in helping our family adjust to baby Nicholas' arrival. We had a great time being together and even had a couple outings. They left today, and Ethan and I cried. When they were leaving, Ethan said, "No, I just need them!" through his tears:(

Of course I had to bring them to the nature center
My mom and dad sitting while Ethan and I played in the stream
Forgot his water shoes....
The best part of the day- we found a wild box turtle!!!

We played with it for a while, and then set it free. Ethan sent him on his way with some leaves to eat.

My parents were able to be here for Nicholas' baby blessing. My mom got him this outfit for him. Special thanks to my brother, Dennis, who purchased it in Utah, and sent it with my Dad. My grandmother made the blanket. Thanks Gigi!!

So cute:)
Our new family of 4

Thanks for coming Mom and Dad! Miss you already:(

4 comments:

Jessica F. said...

What a fun day!! Nicholas is so darn cute. I need lots more holding time when you parents leave.

You look amazing btw. Are you sure you just had a baby?!?

Justin and Lindsey Neumann said...

Nicholas is such a cute baby!!! I love his blessing outfit.
Tell Ethan I think that about my family every time they leave too. "I just need them." :(

Evans Family said...

I agree with Jessica you look amazing!! I love your dress. Your parents are awesome and I cry when they leave here too! Sure love you guys. Can't wait to meet baby Nic-o.

Love ya,
Kristine

Marissa said...

Nicholas has so much hair! And he's really cute. I love your "family of 4" picture! You all look great.