First, I think I am the only one in the metro DC area that didn't feel the earthquake. Some of the tips broke off of the LDS temple, and the Washington Monument is cracked. The National Cathedral had a spire fall off, and there was even an aftershock a day later. I was driving with the boys and was stunned to hear Matthew's worried message on my phone when I got home. The cell towers were knocked down and I didn't receive the message for 20 min.
For the hurricane, Maryland is in a state of emergency, and the cities closest to the coast are being asked to evacuate. Our church leaders have asked if anyone in our church congregation is able to house evacuees, and I am so glad we have the extra space to be able to do that, if necessary.
We are as prepared as we can be, and the main concern right now is power outage and heavy winds. We have plenty of food that doesn't need to heated or cooled, a LOT of water, flashlights, batteries, 72 hour kits, etc.
I'll keep you posted on how it goes. The worst of the hurricane is supposed to hit at 2am on Sunday morning. The epicenter should be in Ocean City, MD.....which is about 150 miles away.
Friday, August 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Just make sure you have enough Diet Coke to get Matthew through! We also talked about a future venture of MRE burritos...but I'll let him tell you about that! XOXO Stay safe!!!
Glad you guys are prepared! Makes emergencies much less scary. Hope all is well!
So glad you guys are okay and prepared. Love you!
Post a Comment