Sunday, August 28, 2011

Nick's 1st birthday

We had some neighbor friends over for cupcakes yesterday for Nick's 1st birthday. Most of these kids are usually at our house anyways during the day, but it was nice to have the parents there to chat too.
Nick didn't like his cupcake. He would have rather had a plum, which he did....and devoured.
Nicholas and Zaria. Nicholas LOVES her. She is such a big help during the day as a friend to Ethan and a help with Nick.
Ethan's good friends Diana, Giselle and Anthony.

SOME THINGS I LIKE ABOUT NICK:

-He is always happy when he wakes from his nap and in the morning. The only reason we know he is up is because he starts singing in his crib and making cooing sounds.


-When he is really really sad about something (mostly when I am heating up a bottle) he will lay on his stomach and bury is head in his arms and cry the saddest cry you have ever heard. He looks and sounds so hopeless, like he will never have milk again. I really need to get that on video.

-When a child takes a toy from him, he just takes it back.

-When Ethan takes a toy from him he cries, chases after Ethan, and bites him and pulls on his hair.

-When he tries to get my attention, he will crawl up to me and give me a soft bite on the knee.

-He still loves music. I can always calm him by singing to him, and whatever I am listening to, he will try to sing too!

-He goes crazy when I sing and play the guitar. He gets so happy and can hardly seem to contain himself.

-When he is shy or tired, he will bury his little head into my neck.

Nick, we love you so much....Happy Birthday!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy happy birthday Nicko!!! We love you so much and your sweet spirit too. We wish we were there with you to celebrate!!! XOXO

Marissa said...

Happy Birthday to Nicko! He's such a cute boy.