Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My favorite 3

Matthew is such an amazing father, I love him so much. He hasn't appeared on the blog much lately because he has been on picture strike. Something I like about Matthew: He has had this connection with Africans since he served his mission in Belgium and France. He was able to come into contact often with the Africans that emigrated there and have a love for them...hence his current choice of employment.
When we first started dating, he was tutoring these children from Africa that spoke french. He actually brought the children with him to our first date (to see Finding Nemo on campus) and I knew I wanted to see more of Matthew. Actually, I just watched the movie with the kids because he gave up his seat to someone else.....free stuff on campus is pretty popular. So he sat outside the theater and read Walden, which I was also very impressed with. I remembered after 7 years:)
Now when we are at the grocery store, church, a park, etc....He will start random conversations with Africans. He can usually tell if they are from a francophone country and they will converse in french for a while. He also knows a couple African phrases from different countries that he will speak to them. I just really love that about him. That's all.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

A good and interesting post. Thanks for sharing. I didn't know that about Matthew.