Okay. So first I have to tell you about this grocery store. It is right up the street from where we live, and in the bottom of a business building. Were you to drive past the store/building, you wouldn't even notice it. APPARENTLY I am there often, because everyone that works there seems to know me.
So I am packing up our food and putting it in the bottom of the stroller to walk home, when a woman cashier approaches me.
WC:"How tall are you?"
A: "Ummm, I don't know. Maybe 6 foot?"
WC: (to other cashiers who have been watching us intently) "See, I told you. I was right! You owe me!!"
A: (speechless)....Leaves store.
That is a little weird, right? I mean, is it really THAT uncommon to be tall here? Also, of course this happens in the elevator. *I could have a whole blog about weird things that happen to me in the elevators* People walk in all the time and say "Wow, you are tall." What am I supposed to say to that?!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh how I hate when people say that! Some people are just so awkward... and it usually is a short man saying it!
I have never had anyone betting on my height... that I know of!
You're supposed to say, "man, you're short."
You should go into the store with your husband next time and replay the scene with him. Ask the employee how short he is and then tell Matthew you were right!
Being tall is sooo cool. I always wish I had another six inches when I'm climbing my grocery cart trying to get to the top shelf.
People are weird! Sorry you have to deal with it!
LOL! I love you! I always wanted to be tall, and not just so I could deal with awesomely awkward comments. :)
Being tall is awesome!
Says the short one of the family.
If someone says something like, "You're tall" to me, I just say "Yeah", or "Thanks". Doesn't make much sense, but I'm guessing they aren't looking for a response.
Post a Comment