Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I can cut hair!

I did it! Don't look too closely at the back:) I think that by the time he is old enough to care what his hair looks like I will be a little better.






The front is actually the best I think. It looks like it is uneven because of the cowlick, but it isn't.Ethan has become more expressive physically and verbally; I love and hate this. He kisses, hugs, "rests" on my lap and chest, and is learning how to be "soft". But he also gets frustrated when he can't communicate. He knows about 15 signs that are VERY helpful. I didn't think that would be for us. But they are useful for him before he can talk well. I started teaching them too early, and realized that I could haved saved myself a lot of time if I had just taught them at the correct time.
He can say many words and is very friendly. He has no issues with separation anxiety, which makes it very easy to leave him with friends while we go out! He still loves books, and wants me to read to him all the time....which I usually welcome:) He knows all of his body parts and understands and usually obeys basic commands (that sounds like a dog). I can't believe he will be 18 months at the end of May!




6 comments:

treen said...

There have been many times when I'm describing the baby's development (this happened with both of them) when I think, "This sounds like I'm talking about a puppy." Fortunately, the puppy syndrome ends when they actually start talking and you can list the words that they say, or the funny ways they say them.

Good job on the haircut!

Marissa said...

Good job with the hair! I can't believe he's almost 18 months.

You said you taught the signs to soon? When would you say the optimal time to teach would be?

Alisha Haight said...

I think the child is ready when you show them the sign and they try and repeat it. I have only taught Ethan the signs maybe twice before he can repeat them. I wouldn't waste my time before that. I think he was about 14 months

Jessica F. said...

Good work! He looks adorable!!!

becky said...

Woo hoo! Great job! And check out those eyes!!! He's a stunner!

Evans Family said...

Yeah for nursery!!! Good job on the hair. I just take the clippers to Zach's cause I can't figure out to cut it with the bazillion cowlicks he has, so kudos to you!!