Sunday, June 14, 2009

Wintergreen Resort

Matthew's work has a condo that they rent out to employees at a resort in Wintergreen, VA. It took us about 4 hours to get there, but was SO worth it! This was the view from our window. The fog in the morning was so beautiful.



We went to a little restaurant next to this one. A Thai-Mexican restaurant, really? And this is number 11? Really?:)



The sandwich I got. I can't think of a vegetable that wasn't on it. SOOO good.




We also went strawberry picking. Ethan just ate the berries we picked.





This is all we got. It is hard work!!







We also went to a music festival where they played Bluegrass music (still not my favorite....but it was okay) and there were cloggers...and really cheap food. It was great:)






This is a settler and his wife that we saw there. He is really old.







One of our hikes, and the lookout.









I look a lot taller that Matthew, but we were on a slope.










Don't we look relaxed? No computers, cellphones, and we almost got halfway through the book we are reading. Such a great trip. We will definitely go again.














4 comments:

Andrea Hatch said...

What an awesome trip!!! Those pictures are gorgeous! I can't believe the view and that fog made me miss growing up in bay area CA where we always got fog. And I LOVE the last pic of all 3 of your guys.

Marissa said...

Wow! It looks like you had so much fun! I'm glad you got a chance to have some quality family time. That's fantastic!

Marissa said...

What did Matthew have at the Thai Mex place? Like what did they serve there? Seems strange.

Alisha Haight said...

We didn't actually eat at the Thai-Mex place. I started gagging a little bit when I read the sign:)