He has friends from Germany, France, Russia, Mongolia, Brazil, Mexico, Morocco, and Ethiopia. Those are just the first ones that came to mind too!!
I was thinking about this after we got home from our walk to the park. We saw our friend Tigabu who is from Ethiopia. It was around lunchtime, and so he offered to buy us lunch. I was cutting it close to E's nap time, so I politely said no. We give him a ride to church, and so I think he really wanted to buy us something as a way to say "thank-you". After protesting and politely refusing over and over again, I FINALLY let him buy us some muffins and juice. They were $14. 2 muffins and 2 bottles of juice.
Ethan and I seem to get the best treatment from foreigners here, excluding Matthew of course, and our American friends. Eddie from Morocco helps me with Ethan's stroller up the stairs and opens the lobby door. Alex from Brazil carried Ethan's stroller down 4 flights of stairs when the elevators were out and always opens the door. Aglia from Germany gave us Matin's tricycle to use for the next year, because her youngest son is too young to ride it. It goes on and on.
We have loved finding people with diverse ethnicity and religion, and being able to share our lives with them.

5 comments:
You are so right. It's amazing all the different people you meet from unique places. I don't know how many times I ask someone where they're from and then have to proceed with, "Oh wow....cool....so, uh, where is that?"
Wow I am jealous!! I love this picture by the way!!
Sounds great!! I really enjoyed talked you today. I hope those muffins had a gold nugget in the middle!!
That is so good for Ethan to be exposed to many cultures and different types of people...Utah doesn't have a lot of that. You guys seem to be enjoying it there...are you ever coming back to Utah though?
That is fantastic that you are learning about so many cultures. I'm envious.
Post a Comment