I was just accepted into this choir!! I auditioned last Thursday, and just found out I made it!
I requested to sing Second Soprano, because I love the Second harmony. I have been really missing singing lately. I joined a couple small ensembles in our area that performed around the region- a double quartet, and a female sextuplet. Then things got busy, and I couldn't go to practices because of church responsibilities and Matthew's school schedule.
The choir performs all around the D.C. area, including the National Cathedral, White House, Capital, and many many more! The director asked me to stay for the choir practice after my audition. I was very impressed with the sight-reading, pitch, and general tone of the choir. Very talented people. We are working on this beautiful Mozart piece that will be amazing with a couple more rehearsals.
Some of you may not know this, but my father recently retired from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir- so I have a lot to live up to!!:)
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Fantastic! I can not believe you didn't call us. Love you.
That's awesome!
I know what you mean about missing singing. That's one reason I love singing in the Community Choir. It fills the need to sing. And it is way fun!
Congrats! How did I not know you were a singer? I will forever feel a void in my heart until I hear you sing (I'm not being sarcastic either). How did I leave D.C. without hearing you sing? I'm seriously disturbed right now...I was in your ward, you're relief society! Gosh dang it. I think it's only fair you post a video of you singing on your blog now...
AWESOME!!!!! I didn't know that you are a singer! You are so modest! Congrats on getting into the the choir here, I can't wait to see you perform!
congrats. Congrats. CONGRATS! That is amazing. I can't wait to come see you perform tell the people around me, "I know that cute tall girl, we're friends!"
I can't believe that so many people didn't know you were a singer! Crazy! Congratulations!! I am so excited for you, I'm sure that it will be a great experience for you and that you will help to spread the gospel by sharing your wonderful gift! Congratulations again!
Wahooo! Good for you!! I didn't know you were a singer. You were hiding that talent from us?! :)
Congratulations! Let us know when you are performing and we'll come cheer you on! Way to go!
So, SOOOOO excited for you! The choir is wonderful and it is so uplifting to perform with them -- I miss it!
YAY! I wish I could see you perform!
So Awesome!!!! Congratulations Alisha! I didn't know you were a singer--you are too modest! How wonderful!
congrats--you will enjoy it tons.
Congratulations Alisha!! I love your voice. I still remember when I accompanied you that one time at Snow. You're amazing :)
Post a Comment