So it took me a while to post about this. But we had a HUGE snowstorm last Saturday, the 19th. We have been playing it it, but haven't taken pictures yet. This in no way compares to Logan, Utah storms, but it was pretty good for D.C. We usually only get 1 or 2 inches each winter.
Things we love about D.C. winters:
-Everything gets cancelled!! No church, school, or work for days!!:)
-If you DO want to get out, you can just walk! We went out during the blizzard on Saturday morning and walked/fell/slipped/pushed the stroller (Ethan was completely protected by a rain-cover and decked out for the snow) to McDonald's for breakfast! We could also walk to 4 or 5 stores in about 10 minutes, if needed.
-We could also take the metro, which we DID on Sunday night. We went to our friend's house for a yummy Moroccan farewell dinner in D.C. She is right off the metro. There was no way we could get our car out, but we really wanted to go! Metro did take a while, but we were together, so it didn't matter that we had to wait:)

2 comments:
how fun!! It looks like E might be a fan of snow.
It looks like quite a bit of snow.
I'm glad Ethan likes being out in the snow. Katie and Elayna also love it!
I'm also a fan of Sissel. i realized I was looking forward to Christmas music so I could hear her song, "Like An Angel Passing Through My Room." I really like that one.
Post a Comment