Tuesday, December 15, 2009

So polite

I added this so you could see the picture of the "library" behind the couch. We utilize every INCH in our 515 square feet:)

Crazy busy week/non-stop weekend= SOOO needed a nap today. I don't usually take naps, because I don't wake up very happy. Those of you who have witnessed this first hand, you know:) So I just don't take them anymore. BUT, today was a necessity.

I put E down in his crib, collapsed on the couch and put a pillow over my head. I could hear Ethan moving around and kicking, but he does that to fall asleep. I was almost asleep, when I heard small things being thrown around in the living room. I looked around, but couldn't see anything. It kept happening, and I thought it was something outside. So I decided to just get up. I heard something behind the couch, and it was Ethan! He had gotten out of his crib, crept past me, and was in our "library" quietly reading. He told me to go back to sleep, and so I pretended to. For another 5 or 10 minutes, he quietly walked around the house, playing with toys, whispering to himself, and thumbing through books. How sweet is that?!

4 comments:

The Hodsons said...

What a sweetheart, letting his Mommy take a nap :)

Paula said...

Has Ethan not experienced you waking up from a nap? I'm thinking he hasn't or he would not have even taken a chance of whispering to him self.

Marissa said...

How cute!

Andrea Hatch said...

Omigosh!!!!! How cute!!! That story made me miss Ethan so much!