While walking into an apartment building of a friend:
Older woman, probably in her mid-eighties: "Oh my, you must be six foot!"
Me: "It's true." (this sounds like I was being sarcastic, but I wasn't.....I was actually really polite)
Woman: "Well, that's just great!"
Me: "Thanks, I think so too."
Man on the street: "How tall are you?"
Me: "Probably 5'11" or 6', I'm not sure".
Man: (Startled that I don't know my own height) "That can't be right, I'M 6'."
Man comes and stands directly next to me and sees we are eye-level
Man: "Oh, you are right."
Me: Have a nice day! (Again, this sounds sarcastic, but really, what more is there to be said?)
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That's so funny! At least your life is never boring!
Can I even tell you how often I have this EXACT same conversation with men especially? Without fail, short men NEVER believe how tall I am. We need to talk more on this!
LOL!! I didn't know you were that tall either! Probably cuz I wish I was tall I pretend that we're the same height or something....and your stories were HILARIOUS!
Post a Comment