I had anticipated that having two children would be harder than one. I talked to my friends who had more than one child and asked a lot of questions to try and mitigate problems with our family. But it is just like everything else. You don't really know what it is going to be like until you experience it. I couldn't imagine loving a child more than I love Ethan. But I do! Nicholas has been the dream baby, and absolutely sweet and lovable. With how much I love these two, I was also (and am still a little) completely overwhelmed with splitting my time and attention between the two of them. Oh, and let us not forget my first true love- Matthew:) Sharon and Bob, Matthew's mother and Step-father, were planning on visiting us at the end of November to see the new baby and for thanksgiving. Sharon was sweet enough to come 2 weeks early and help me. She has been amazing, and I am sorry that I do not have one picture of her with the boys. Okay, I had a couple, but Ethan was just in his underwear....of course:) But she will be here 2 more weeks with Bob, so I will promise to take more.

Nicholas smiling and Matthew

So soft

Since reading Curious George books, Ethan has an obsession with monkeys. He carries this little one on his shoulders around the house.

He has it with him so much, that Sharon has sewn one of his legs back on, and fixed his side where the stitching has come out.

He wears this monkey backpack all around the house too, and sometimes sleeps in it. I purchased it when he was running away from me. It is a backpack with a rope or tail that attaches to it. I think the correct term is "tether". But I couldn't use it after I put the rope around my wrist, and Ethan said "I just like dog".

Grandma Sharon bathing Nicholas

Ethan really wanted to get in the baby tub too. Oh, and the crib, and the carseat, bouncy seat, swing....:) We let him get in everything but the swing. Not a battle I want to fight right now.

He's getting cute, huh?

Aside from cleaning our house, making dinner, and watching the kids for me, Sharon also hung curtains in all our rooms.

Did I mention that Ethan has a real bed now? He got it right after he and Matthew returned from Boise after Grandma Ruth's funeral. He likes it so much more than his pack n' play, and luckily, there were no issues with him sleeping in it. He sleeps with one train, a bear, mojo the monkey (a different monkey that he only sleeps with), a blue bunny that used to be mine, and a soft book that is a cat puppet. The curtains make it really dark, and will hopefully help him sleep past 6am in the mornings:)

Nicholas's room/guest room

Living room, my favorite ones
2 comments:
Omigosh, Nicholas is SO INSANELY CUTE!!!!! I LOVE his hair!!! I can't wait to meet this little guy!
What cute pictures! I love seeing Nicholas and Ethan so happy!
I like the drapes. I want to change my drapes sometime, but it seems like a lot of work.
Post a Comment