Okay, admittedly, I was surprised by the early start of preschool in the East. I knew Ethan definitely wasn't ready when he was 2, and I couldn't picture him being ready by the time he was 3 (almost). But he really is. My mother explained to me that the anticipation of milestones for your child are much worse than the actual events. I didn't believe her....now I do. Weaning from bottle, pacifier, moving from crib to bed, starting nursery at church, etc. All these things I dreaded, because they meant that Ethan was growing up.
I pictured myself crying on the walk home after dropping Ethan off at preschool, but I didn't. Ummm, but I may be tearing up a bit right now:)
I knew Ethan was ready for school, but we had planned on doing a co-op preschool with some friends. This did not work out with a new baby. The picking up and dropping off, AND teaching would have been hard, and stressful. Matthew researched a great preschool for us over the weekend. And guess what? It takes us 60 seconds to walk there!:)
E was ecstatic this morning. He kept telling all the teachers he was going to preschool, and they loved him! He goes for the morning, twice a week. They have free play time, recess, snacks, and 45 minutes of learning- that sounded perfect to me. This will give me some free time with Nicholas, and be able to run errands with one child, instead of two.
Really, big steps come for your child at just the right time. You both seem to be ready for something to change, and the change actually makes things easier and better for both of you. Mom, sorry I didn't believe you.....you are always right:)
Monday, November 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have a hard enough time running errands with ONE child! :)
I wasn't as sad as I thought I would be with Katie going to preschool either. I'm so glad Ethan is loving school! It is so fun to send them to something that they are excited about, AND it is good for them.
And yes, Mom IS always right. :)
Post a Comment