I just love this picture of Nicholas. We went on a walk this morning, just the two of us, while Ethan and Matthew were at a Nature Center class. Nicholas has such a mild temperment, and is so smiley all the time!
We have reached the creative 3-year old stage.....and I love it! The picture below is of potatoes that Ethan has been playing with. He seems to be able to make a game out of anything, and his imagination is endless. He is pretending to be some kind of animal almost all the time. We were in Utah last week, and he was an owl or dinosaur constantly! This morning he watched "A Bugs Life" for the first time. Immediately following the movie:
Us: Want do you want for breakfast?
E: Ants don't eat food.
Us: Yes, they do. They eat berries and leaves.
E: No, ants only eat raspberries. Sorry.
Us: No, Ants can eat french toast and cereal too.
(he begins to take all his clothes off)
E: Ants don't wear clothes
Us: Well.....uh, that is true. But the movie was in the summer. It is winter now, and you need to wear clothes.
Yesterday:
While I was folding clothes, I threw them all on the bed, right after I got them out of the dryer. Ethan immediately jumped on the bed and started hooting, and building a nest out of the clothes.
Me: So, are you an owl now?
E: Who, who....owls don't talk.
Me: Do you want me to help you with your nest?
E: Who (nodding his head yes)
After 5 or so minutes of sleeping in his nest....
E: I'm hungry. I just need some soft leaves to eat.
Me: Owls eat squirrels and mice
E: I not eating those things, I only eat soft soft leaves.

1 comment:
I think Ethan must be the funniest kid ever. Plus you write it so I can tell just how he says it. Hilarious!
Post a Comment