So, May is going to be amazing...and terrible. Matthew is off to save babies in Africa again, this time to Mozambique. He will only be gone 2 weeks, but that is a long time to go without seeing your Love. So, to make the time go a little faster, I have filled May with travels and visitors.
FIRST: My parents were sweet enough to fly me to Utah for a week!!
SECOND: My best friend from High School, Kris, is coming to stay with me in DC for 5 days!
THIRD: Matthew's parents will be in DC for ANOTHER 5 days to be with Ethan and I!! Unfortunately, their trip was planned before Matthew had firm dates for Africa and so he won't even get to see his parents:(
How could this get any better? I am so excited to have so many distractions while Matthew is gone!!:)
Cool Mozambique facts:
-Mozambique has a tropical climate with two seasons: a wet season from October to March and a dry season from April to September
-Portuguese is the official and most widely spoken language of the nation
-Animals that inhabit Mozambique:
whales, dolphins (Indian Ocean), monkeys, rhinos, giraffes, aardvarks, elephants, cheetahs...
-The capital is Maputo, and is also the largest city in Mozambique. Maputo is a port in the Indian Ocean, and the economy of the country relies on the income that the harbour provides
You will get to see all the cool pictures when he returns. The really great, genuine thing about Matthew is that all his free time will be spent helping those in need. It is just part of his self-less nature to give of himself. But I'm sure he will accidently bump into some cool things too, and hopefully take some pictures!:)
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm so glad you get to do fun things while Matthew is gone! I bet you'll both have a great time this month!
You can send each other postcards! If you can't travel together, I'd say this is a great alternate plan! Have so much fun!
What an exciting time! I can't believe you're going to be so busy! I can't believe Matthew's going to Mozambique. I just went there last month.
Just kidding, this is the first time I've heard of it.
Post a Comment