Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Canoeing on the Potomac

I have been wanting to canoe the Potomac FOREVER!! Some of Matthew's co-workers go pretty often, so it was a good excuse to go last night. If you want to do this, I put the link below. You cannot take children until they are 8 or 10....I think.
Jacks Boathouse in Georgetown
Boat rental

Rowing tandem is hard. I think we figured it out at the very end. Also, I am really surprised this life jacket fit me. I got a small one that just sat on top of my 7 month belly.


We were getting really close to the edges, because we were looking for turtles. We kept running into the sides of the bank and the trees. We were laughing so hard- good thing we were in back:)

The whole group

The underside of the Key Bridge

4 comments:

Marissa said...

Seriously. I check your blog, and there, yet again, is an incredibly awesome thing that I would never get to do. Canoeing, buying a new car, Greek Festival, parade, carnival, strawberry festival, old trains and bike trails, etc, etc, etc!

I would like to think it is because we don't live in an area that has awesome stuff like that, but truthfully, we are just boring lazy people. ;)

Andrea Hatch said...

Ahh!!! This is something I've been dying to do too! I am always jealous as I drive over the bridge and see "cool people" doing it and I'm just driving around. You guys are awesome for taking on the adventure!

Amanda said...

YAY!! Love the pictures, thank you. You are a beautiful pregnant lady. I always forget for some reason that you are going to have a baby in a couple of months.

Andi said...

I'm so happy that I found your blog! Adam and I went canoeing at Jack's Boathouse last summer and had a blast. I'd love to go again!