Saturday, June 19, 2010

Two songs for two fathers

The first is for my husband:
Yellowcard- Only One
P.S.- I never actually watch the youtube videos, I just listen.....so I'll apologize if there is anything distasteful in there. Just minimize and listen if you want.

When I hear this song, I can only think of Matthew. I relate a lot of things to music, especially my relationships with people. This song makes my pulse quicken a bit, and reminds me of the excitement I feel when I am with Matthew. Also, it is a fun, jump-around song that we love to sing together and would probably jump to- but we are usually in a car when we listen to it.

The second is for my Dad:
Raindrop prelude Op 25, no. 15 by Chopin
I love to have my father play this for me. I have never found a recording that I like. This version is a bit slow, and the dark, bass chords are never, EVER loud enough. You really have to sit right next to the piano to feel the vibrations of the thunder during the rainstorm. If you listen closely, there is a consistent pounding of a note (a flat or g sharp with key-change) that represents the raindrop. I listen to this, and it makes me ache a bit for my dad.

I love both the fathers in my life so much, and am grateful for their love, influence, and support:) Happy Father's Day!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You're so right, dad plays is a lot better. Isn't it funny how music can bring so many emotions? I still use dad's tip of turning off the sound when I am watching a scary movie by myself.