The company that Matthew works for owns a condo at a resort that is about an hour SW of Charlottesville, VA. The name of the resort is Wintergreen, and the next closest city is called Nellysford, but it really isn't a city either. We left early Friday morning, and got back Sunday afternoon. It only took us about 4 hours to get there with our stops, and eating a leisurely lunch. We didn't hit any traffic, and the drive was beautiful! Rural Virginia has the most picturesque farms and scenery. We absolutely enjoyed the travelling part, which can rarely be said of me in a car. We took mostly highways back, rolled down the windows, and listened to music with a cool breeze. It was perfect.
We went to the resort last year, at the same time, and have been looking forward to going back ever since!:)
We went to this annual event for the second time, called the Dodd family festival? Maybe. I kept forgetting to bring the camera on all our adventures (maybe I was tired of taking pictures) and so Matthew paid a woman with a nice camera to take some pictures of the festival and e-mail them to us.
Playing with dad.
A fun bean-bag game Ethan was playing with some boyscouts.
I love these boys more than anything.We also went swimming, ate a lot of good food, went on some hikes, and mostly just enjoyed being together. We loved the break from internet and cell-phones, and staying in our trip house (Ethan's name for the condo) for the weekend. We can't wait to go back!
Okay, just had to add this too. For the past couple of nights, after prayers and songs, Ethan has been saying "thanks for outside train and pet animals". So cute! Also, he usually says "Sorry threw fit" at least once a day, or "I cry" (when he is crying) or "No, not crying" when he has stopped. The animals and train must have really made an impact on him though, because he prayed about it tonight too:)


4 comments:
Looks fantastic!
I don't think I know what a wallabee is...
I love that you paid someone to email you the pictures, and I love your yellow shirt. I thought you only owned green ones...? You look good in other colors too, huh? ha ha
uhm, that wasn't supposed to sound sarcastic. Sorry. You look gorgeous in all colors.
You always find the COOLEST places! Also, cute story about Ethan :)
Post a Comment