Monday, June 7, 2010

New car!!

She is a Mazda 5, seats 6, and we love her!! Matthew had been talking about this car for a long time, showing me pictures, etc. We knew our '97 Honda Accord was about finished, and it was time to start looking. At the park on Saturday, Matthew sought out a man that had this car, and talked to him for about 20 minutes about it. We came home, and Matthew had to go back to the park to pick up the stroller we had forgotten. When I woke up (2 hours later....give me a break, I'm pregnant) and Matthew still hadn't come home yet, I knew he was at the car dealership. I checked my phone, and his messages proved my assumption true.
Don't worry, he checked with me before he purchased it,(not that I would have cared either way) and we have loved it. Though I miss our little Accord a lot. It is hard to part with your first car.....so many memories.
Our crazy Philippino neighbor:
Ethan and I were on the porch eating breakfast, and Ethan was running up and down the sidewalk.
PW: "No, no Ethan, don't run down there!!"
Me: "It's okay."
PW: "Ethan, come back here, it is dangerous!! Don't you go down there!!"
Me: (silence....trying to figure out why he shouldn't run down the sidewalk)
PW: Starts making monkey and dog noises (no.....seriously) "Ethan, there are wild monkeys and dogs over there!" Ethan laughs
Me: "Ummmm, he actually likes monkeys and dogs a lot."
PW: "Well, you need to think of something to scare him so he won't go down there anymore."
Me: "No, he is fine to run on the sidewalk. Ethan, say bye!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! My dad is always doing stuff like that to me and my kids. He is so paranoid about safety.

The Hodsons said...

That is a hilarious story!!!!!!! And I love your new car. It looks super fun to drive :)

Marissa said...

I want a new car! Well, minivan probably.

I love hearing your crazy neighborhood stories. They are great!

Jessica F. said...

New cars are the BEST!

Amanda said...

What?! I thought all kids were supposed to just stay in their playpens. Mine do, don't yours?