Wednesday, August 11, 2010

False alarm with Nick-o

I went into labor last night at about 9:30pm. We called my friend Kathryn to meet us at the hospital, and she took Ethan back to her house to sleep. We got to the hospital in 7 minutes!! Everything went smoothly. I stopped having contractions at the hospital, and they gave me a shot and iv to stop labor, because I am only 36 weeks. They wanted to see if I can at least make it full-term to 37 weeks.

Little Nicholas is excited to get here I guess, but we are not quite ready! I am not on bedrest or anything, and the doctors said that it would probably be fine if I did have him early. They did say they would be surprised if I made it one more week. But I'm sure I'll end up carrying him full-term, and maybe even past that. Isn't that how it usually goes?:) We are completely fine with that, and hope he just comes when he is ready.

P.S.- Thanks for all the offers to help watch Ethan and to make sure we are okay. I felt like my phone was ringing all day!! We are lucky to have such great friends and family members.

5 comments:

Evans Family said...

I just hope he gets here safe and sound and as you said when he is ready. Sorry that Zach couldn't come...I didn't want to put any extra stress on you. Hope you have fun with Michael! Love you and praying for you!

MichiganMarshes said...

Good-luck with everything. Is it exciting to know you'll get to see him soon? My doc said she doesn't think our little guy will be here this week. So I guess you'll get to have the older baby! We're excited for you.

Andrea Hatch said...

OMIGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I was there to help!! Or just to give you a high five cuz you're so close to being done!!!! Wow, I wonder if he really will come this week!!!! I'll be praying for you that you'll all be ready!

Preethi said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe he could be here so soon. Please let me know if there is anything at all we can do!!

Marissa said...

I can't wait to see Nicholas. I'm excited for you to be almost done!