Friday, May 11, 2012

Goslings at the pond

 Yesterday morning started out badly.  The kids got up WAY early, and were fighting.  They were tired and not happy.  So I put them down for early naps and we went and got donuts, fed the geese that afternoon and played at the park.  That made everything better:) We walked to this pond by our house.  It is 2 miles, round-trip, and Ethan ran almost the whole way!  We saw about 30 goslings....aren't they cute?!
 The Canada geese here are very tame.  I incorporated my run to go around the pond the other night and the mother geese were hissing at me and chasing me.  I guess I seemed like a threat because I was running.  But they were very friendly when we had food and sat down next to them.
 The mothers even let us touch the babies a couple times!
Nick really just liked to watch. He loves Ritz crackers though, and wouldn't feed them.  He got a little upset that they were eating his food:)  One gosling came and tried to eat the cracker out of his hand and he was NOT happy about it.

No comments: