
We went on a bike ride to the waterfront in Alexandria on Labor Day. The weather was perfect. We rode just under 20 miles. We were exhausted by the time we got home. Ethan was full of energy though. That's probably because he was being chauffered by us all day. Lazy baby:) I asked Matthew to narrate the movie, because I always end up ruining it by something I say. We took a couple more, but this was still the best one. At the end of the movie I said "so long suckers!" Matthew: "Hey, did you know that the movie was still recording?" Me: "Oh."
The bay was like a scaled down version of the Baltimore harbor. But still a lot of stuff going on. Too bad we didn't get a recording of this street performer covering "Dust in the Wind." It was really horrible, and he was yelling most of the song. There is something exotic about the water to me. Maybe because I didn't grow up close to it. But it makes me feel really cool to see boats and know that I could sit on the beach and get in the water.

4 comments:
I think it's absolutley gorgeous where you guys are living! And you guys are so healthy..always bike riding. Take me with!
I am so impressed that you guys went on such a long bike ride! We all need to take a ride together sometime because we have the seat for Nessa & everything! Did you know I have a fam blog too? andreamarie123.blogspot.com : ) just in case you didn't know
I've thought about getting a bike trailer to double as a stroller, then remembered I don't ride my bike.
What a fun weekend! You guys are always going on cool bike rides!
Post a Comment