Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Planet Arlington




Saturday morning we walked to Georgetown (what can I say, we are creatures of habit) and ate at this cool little Mediterranean place. I tried baba ganouj for the first time, and wished that I would have tried it earlier. Med food is a vegetarian's heaven. Later that afternoon we went to Planet Arlington for the third year in a row (can you believe we have been here three years already?). It is at the Iwo Jima Memorial, so we could just walk over. "Planet Arlington activities explore issues of globalization, immigration, and the environment through the lens of the arts and humanities." We love living in such an international city and having access to fun things like this. I posted the movie, because I wanted to show how children flock to Matthew. It is the weirdest thing. I was talking with some of our friends as he was playing frisbee with a couple of people. 5 minutes later, there are children hanging all over him and more children by the minute leaving their parents sides to come to him. Fun night.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Matthew is such a great guy, the kids can sense it. You can tell he is a great father because children love him.