Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Missing Baby

So, I put Ethan down for his nap this morning. I usually give him a good 15 minutes to have some baby time to wind down and fall asleep on his own. We have this makeshift crib for him made from a mesh safety gate between two sturdy dressers that we use for his naps (see older posts for pictures). After 15 minutes or so I went in to check on him. To my surprise, there was no baby. I looked around the room, and didn't see him. But I did hear him laugh. He was in the closet. Pacifier in hand, smiling at me as I searched for him. So I pushed the gate back into place, and put him back down. Just a couple minutes ago, while I was writing this, he came crawling from out of our bedroom and into the living room. I guess he figured that since he got out, he may as well come and play with me and his toys. He was just sitting down to play with our shoes when I picked him up and put him back.

3 comments:

Marissa said...

Ha ha. I bet it was scary at first, but then oh so cute when you found him. It was nice of him to come play with you. I guess you are going to have to bolt that gate down, or something.

The Hodsons said...

Looks like he has caught on to the game hide-and-go-seek. So adorable!

Lilianne said...

Alisha - so great to find you! Your wee babe is so cute! Can you even believe how fast they grow up? Ours is almost four months old! Anyway, sounds like you and Matt are doing great! Tell him hi from the both of us and give that baby a hug from us!